"Command and teach these things." (1 Timothy 4:11)
Realizing that "the parents are the primary educators of their children" (/Familiaris Consortio #36), the Religious Education Program at Our Lady of Guadalupe assists parents in ensuring that their children have an opportunity for a quality religious education. Our CCD program is designed to teach and prepare students in grades K-5 to receive the Sacraments of Initiation and to help them learn and grow in their faith. Our Edge program continues catechesis for grades 6-8. Life Teen is our program for high school students.
- Students are catechized and prepared to receive the Body and Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ during their first and second years of Religious Education.
- Students must be enrolled and participating in our CCD program or have documentation from another parish verifying attendance before receiving the Sacraments of Holy Eucharist/Reconciliation.
- Families must be registered parishioners and attending Sunday Mass regularly at Our Lady of Guadalupe.
- If there is a student enrolled in the CCD program who is in grades 3-8 and has not received the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist, they will also receive instruction and preparation.
- Baptismal certificates must be provided and a form will be given to each parent to fill out for church records.
- All students must have two years of Religious Education before receiving these Sacraments.
- Parents/students will be given a list of prayers the students must know to receive the Sacraments of First Communion and Reconciliation. In addition to the prayers, the children must also know the Ten Commandments, 7 Sacraments, and have a clear understanding of the Sacraments they will receive.
- The schedule on specific details and dates will be provided at registration in the fall.